Frontend Developer: React Native
We are seeking a frontend developer to help us build a mobile app for our clients and our communities. We call it the Together App.
The MVP of this app is moderately complex. It will include a messaging module similar to Slack, content creation module inspired by social media app interfaces, video viewing and content sharing features similar to TikTok, and finally a calendar and events module.
Our team is very lean in terms of the number of people working directly on the project. We feel that the frontend build can be completed by a single highly skilled developer working in collaboration with our team over the course of a few months. If we need to add additional support to build out specific features, we will do so as the need arises.
Who you are:
- At least 2 years of experience with React Native
You need to feel comfortable with React Native (know hooks, useState, useEffect, useContext, useReducer and so on). You will be the only frontender on the team (at least initially) so unfortunately there won’t be many opportunities for rubber ducking/ asking for help
- Be able to publish the project as an app in both android and iPhone stores
- Have excellent communication skills in English
- AWS experience is a plus, but not a must
- We work with GraphQL, but you don’t need to know it, we will teach you if you don’t
- No design or backend skills required
What we need to know:
- Your weekly bandwidth
- Your hourly price
What you'll do:
- One immediate need we have is to more clearly define product specs and project development timeline for planning, budgeting, and fundraising. This will take place in November and December 2022. As you will be the person building the frontend of the product, we want to include you in developing this plan, so that you can help us estimate the time and cost as accurately as possible
- In Q1 and Q2 of 2023, you will work with our team to build the app, test, and publish, and then be part of our core dev team as we test the product with users in our first market, refine, and eventually grow.
Who we are:
We are a small company that primarily specializes in creating websites for small businesses and non-profits using Webflow. After observing similar needs across many of our clients and the communities that they serve, we developed the concept for the Together App! The “Together App team” will operate essentially as an internal startup within ReachTech. None of our existing team has direct experience as a frontend developer building mobile apps, which is why we are seeking this job position.
ReachTech Headquarters is located in the small rural town of Oakley, in northwest Kansas, where we intend to launch and test the first version of the Together App. Our team members are currently based in Denmark, The UK, Germany, Czech Republic and the United States. We are accepting applicants from Europe and the Americas, with some preference given to developers in the midwest of the US who could occasionally work in person with our founder in Kansas.
You can learn more about the position in this loom, and more about us here: reachtech.org
Please apply by sending us an e-mail at: email@example.com
We hope to hear from you soon!
- React Native
Not what you’re looking for?
Think you’d fit right in with out remote team, but these positions don’t seem to be the right fit? Send us an email or even better, send us a video telling us why you’re right for Reach Tech.